There are some precautions which diabetic people should follow so that their condition does not get worse. These are mentioned below:
- Lose excessive weight- If you maintain a healthy weight, it will help you control the blood sugar level in your body. For this eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
- Check your sugar level periodically- It is vital that you check the blood sugar level at least two times a day. This will help you determine how the food has an impact on sugar levels in your body.
- Get A1c blood test done- This test will enable you to determine your average blood sugar over span of last 2 to 3 months. Most of the people afflicted with Type 2 Diabetes aim for a level of 7% or lower.
- Keep a track of carbohydrate intake- It is vital to know how much carbohydrates’ are you consuming. Include high- fibre carbs like fruits, beans, green vegetables etc in your diet.
- Keep a tab on cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride level in the body: Take medication to keep blood pressure under control. Ask your doctor how to manage cholesterol and triglyceride level in body.
- Always keep moving- Exercise solves most of the problems. Try to get at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise every day at least 5 days a week. You can start with small walks, strength training, etc.